Friday, August 15, 2008

After Four Rejections a Final Yea!

Dear Antoinette K. Cole,

I wanted to let you know your entry "Water Mommies" made it to the final three entries in consideration for this year's Jack Dyer Fiction Prize competition (out of three hundred and eighty-nine entries). Since you were one of our finalists, we would like to offer to publish your entry (if the work is still available for first publication) in CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW, Volume 14, Number 1, which is scheduled to appear in Winter/Spring 2009.

--Hey all, I still can't believe I'm going to be published in this magazine. When I received the call from Mr. Tribble the other day I was very surprised because I had forgotten all about the Jack Dyer submission. Anyway, he made my day when he told me how much Carolyn Alessio (the fiction judge and prose editor for COR) loved the story. This one acceptance makes all the rejections that much sweeter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooooooooHooooooooo!!!! Congratulations!!!! You rock my world!!!! More exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously--I think this is not the last we'll be hearing of Toni K. Cole. In fact, I think this is merely the marvelous and auspicious beginning.

I'm proud just to know you. I'm going to buy a copy and make you autograph it.

You deserve a gold star sticker. I just don't have one.

Diana said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

xox!ANTOINETTE!xoxoxoxoxox

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox


(I am crazyproud of you!)

Unknown said...

Big Whoop.

Unknown said...

LOL! Just kidding. What an awesome opportunity!!! Congratulations.

Luke said...

I knew it! You cracked the tough old shell that is The Crab Orchard Review. (Or is it Orchid? I can never remember...)

Congratulations! You are awesome! Congratulations!

Slee said...

Too cool. Nettie's going places. I want a mention on your acknowledgments page, even if it's a carefully worded lie.