Thursday, August 21, 2008

Okay, Exhale Now


After the interview I was really excited and satisfied. It actually went better than I expected, and the managers genuinely seemed as though they liked me and working for HIMSS (the company). And Ande, yes I did ask questions. At first I was a bit intimidated when I arrived at the conference room and saw the setup of the table and chairs. Basically, it was like they were going to tag team me, but it turned out to be the complete opposite. I arrived early so I was able to breathe and center myself (giggle), but seriously I did do some breathing exercises I picked up in Tai Chi to relax myself and it worked. When the managers were seated around me everything seemed very natural and I wasn't tense. After the interview, one of the managers took me upstairs to her desk to show me the software I would be using. During this demonstration, the Senior Director came by and gave me her card before offering me a cookie, which I took. So yeah, this was a good experience and I can't really compliant.


Here are some questions from the interview:


1. How are with keeping deadlines?

2. What type of decisions are most difficult for you?

3. In what type of environment will you be most successful?

4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

5.What three things do you think makes for a successful call center? (When I answered this I actually gave four things).

6. What was the best/least thing I like about school?

7. Why shift from film to fiction?

8. What is your greatest strength?


This is what I wrote on the bus after leaving the company. Overall, I felt very confident and assured of myself. Thank you, Jehovah. I believe I made a lasting impression on the managers. Despite the outcome I'm glad I had this experience. Favorite part: asking managers questions. Least favorite part: looking up at the ceiling twice during the interview.


So now I wait. The director told me that they were going to do a background check and let me know within two weeks.


Listening to: House Music

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you think it went well. It sounds like a decent enough place and they seem like decent enough people.

So what three (or four) things do make for a successful call center?

thethirdtoni said...

Well, let me remember what I said.
1. there needs to be people in the call center who enjoy coming to work
2. all the workers need to be on one accord and know the center's goal
3. workers need to have the ability to listen
4. and to know that the customer is always first.

Anonymous said...

No wonder you got the job. That's a damn good answer. I'd hire you, and I don't have a call center.